itSMF International has made available to the membership of the itSMF chapters a booklet in electronic form, The Start of Something Big. This booklet, originally compiled and edited by itSMF Norway, contains thirteen very short essays on diverse topics in IT service management. They were written by some of the leading members of our profession and the booklet has been very well received throughout the world.
Here are the contents:
- Service Management and Cloud Computing – an Oxymoron?
- Changing IT’s Focus from Cost to Contribution
- ABC of ICT – The #1 Critical Success or Fail Factor for ITSM
- ITIL is CSI
- Is Anyone Questioning Your Value?
- Business Information Management
- What every CEO needs to know about Lean IT
- Personalities, Relationships and Communication
- CIO Concerns & Trends - 2012
- Information Value Offers the CIO a Powerful Future
- Setting the Stage for a Successful ITIL Adoption
- Service Integration: Sourcing for the Future
- Most Training Programs are a Waste of Time, Cost
As you can see from the titles, the booklet is written with top IT management in mind. Each essay takes only a few minutes to read. Members of itSMF Switzerland may download the booklet here.